21 October 2016

The Lemurs are Calling


Manahoana everyone!

So this week was pretty much normal. Nothing important really happened except I got my travel plans!!! I leave Monday morning and we first go to Texas then London then South Africa and then we finally head on another flight to MADAGASCAR. So in total that travel time is around 48 hours which would be hard if I wasn't a man.

Apparently it's flooding season right now in Mada so when we get there it'll probably be covered in about 2 feet of water but really I'm so excited to get out there and teach some people. At this point I'm pretty much where I'm gonna be with the language in the beginning of the field so that's a terrifying thought. The teachers say I'm doing pretty good and that we're ready so that's cool. But I don't know if I feel ready haha. I don't think I ever will.

But lately my dreams have been filled with the beautiful images of lemurs calling my name, chameleons tending to my every need, and the screams of thousand of investigators begging me to baptize them. Too bad a mission's not like that at all haha. But seriously I'm so excited to get out there and hit the ground running. I just wanna get to work.

Anyways that's about it for this week! Next time you all hear from me I'll be in MADAGASCAR!!

Kitsimpo,
Elder St John

P.S. Sorry I haven't sent picures yet here's some. ​



2 comments:

  1. You're funny. I sure hope you continue to have your sense of humor throughout your mission. Stay strong, healthy and happy. Love you.

    Chantel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on the LOOONNNGGGG journey!! I've been following your mission president's wife's blog, and can't wait to see you in one of her pictures soon. Sure love you!

    ReplyDelete